So let us look carefully at some of the foods that we must, by all means, avoid feeding our dogs, so that we can protect them as best as possible, even from pains and suffering.
The truth is that it is hard not to want to pass on to your furry friend, the things you enjoy so much- especially when they look at you with such pitiful eyes that just say “pleeeeeease, let me have some of that.”
Nutmeg contains a toxin called myristicin Which can cause your dog to hallucinate develop seizures, have an increase in heart rate, and experience abdominal pains. This may go away within a couple of days.
Do not give your dog bread or any food that may contain mold it might be easier to think that a little mold Won’t cause any harm but that could be a sad mistake. Aflatoxin is a toxic substance that is found in molds that could cause tremors, loss of coordination, liver damage, and gastrointestinal problems.
Raw Yeast Dough
Researches show that it causes abdominal pains. And just as the dough rises when it is on your kitchen counter is the same way it increases in size when it goes into their stomach especially in puppies. It is so sad that they cannot tell us when they have a belly ache, therefore, it would be best not to give your furry friend such a thing. If enough is ingested it may cause a dog’s intestines to be twisted. When this happens it may require emergency surgery. I wouldn’t risk it at all!
there are substances in macadamia nuts that can cause Damage to your dog’s nervous system and even lead to paralysis. This type of paralysis is not a temporary effect but a permanent one, therefore, it is great that advised not to give your dogs nut. Peanut butter is sometimes advised and maybe okay however sometimes it could be prepared in a place that had mixed nuts including macadamia
Grapes and raisins
the toxin that affects dogs and grapes and raisins are not known however research has shown that it takes only six of these tiny little snacks to shut down your dog’s kidney. So try as best as possible to keep grapes and raisins away from your dog or your dog away from grapes and raisins store them in places that your dog may not reach such as a fridge, cupboards, and shuttable containers that they might not be able to penetrate.
Avocado is a healthy treat perfect snack for human beings it contains healthy fats and so many other beautiful nutrients that are necessary for human health.
However avocado contains a substance called Persin which is said to be highly toxic to dogs. If your dog has consumed high amounts of avocado or guacamole, the treatment usually includes giving them a large amount of water for a few days to help them flush it out. However, if the gastrointestinal distress is severe take him to see a vet.
Just as alcohol causes human beings to be drunken it can also have the same effect in dogs. However, it takes very little for them to develop fatal alcohol poisoning. Which may cause frequent urination, loss of coordination, and slow breathing. So please ensure that your dog stays away from fermented food and mouthwash. If by accident they might have a laptop any form of alcohol take him to the vet immediately.
Onions and garlic
onions and garlic contain a substance called thiosulphate which can damage red blood cells and cause dogs to develop anemia. So avoid seasoning your dog’s food 50 seasonings also be careful and giving your dog suits babies tosses and meats that may be seasoned with garlic and onion.
Lemons and limes
lemons and limes can be toxic for your dog. This is because they contain a substance called psoralen Which can cause dogs to have gastrointestinal problems such as vomiting and diarrhea If very large amounts of psoralen are consumed by dogs, more severe symptoms, such as muscle tremors, difficulty walking, liver failure and death can result.
Products Containing Xylitol
What is Xylitol? We humans use this as a replacement for sugar. It is categorized as a sugar alcohol. In chemistry sugar alcohol is a combination of sugar and alcohol molecules, They act as sweetness stimulants to the taste receptors on your tongue. It is used in sugar-free gums.
Research has shown that this could be one of the most poisonous foods for dogs. It is said to be 100 times more toxic to dogs and chocolate. A very very small amount can cause your dog to experience low blood sugar just a little bit more to that can cause liver damage, loss of coordination and they can also develop a seizure. Do not allow any mint at all around your dog! Do not let a child be around your dog with mint.
Chocolate contains caffeine and methylxanthines both of which are dangerous to dogs. The darker the chocolate the higher the methylxanthines content. Symptoms of chocolate ingestion by a dog may include a racing heartbeat, frequent urination, and cardiac arrest. Just one ounce of dark chocolate can cause serious health problems in a large dog. So as much as we love them, we have to keep them safe even from the things we enjoy so dearly!
Here is a sneak look on the dusting checklist, one of the free gift that you will be able to download when you subscribe to this newsletter.
There is also a birthday binder in the mix! Here is a sneak look at the birthday binder. Absolutely free!
For your cleaning binder, we also want you to know what you are about to sign up for. Here is exactly what it looks like on the inside.