Quick and easy chicken recipes, whether grilled or baked, are lifesavers! This chicken recipe is one of my absolute favorites. Whether you are having a party or relaxing at home, these flavorful chicken breasts are the perfect dinner option. The easy-to-make recipe is bursting with rich Italian flavors and is naturally low in carbs and gluten-free, making it healthy for the whole family. Balsamic vinegar is famous for its curative agent in many countries. This dish has wholesome and healthy ingredients that your body will love!
What is the Baked Balsamic Chicken?
The balsamic Chicken Breast recipe is prepared by marinating chicken breast in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, oregano, and other ingredients, to produce a sweet, garlicky dish. Balsamic has a rich, complex sweet flavor that explodes in the mouth with notes of cherry, fig, chocolate, molasses, or prunes.
Spanish cooks can not create a perfect paella without garlic, onion, and tomatoes. The French legendaries never leave mirepoix of onion, celery, and carrot. Italians have a different trinity. Balsamic is among the best of the best ingredient. This delicious dinner recipe spotlights the Italian flavors using genuine Italian-made ingredients for the whole family. Traditional balsamic comes from the harvest of white grapes in Italy. It enhances the taste of steaks, eggs, shrimp, chicken, and fruits.
Facts about Balsamic Chicken
- Baking helps to preserve nutrients in food, which produce a juicier chicken when cooked.
- Balsamic is a safe food additive that contains very little natural sugar and no fat. It lowers cholesterol and stabilizes blood pressure. Some research implies that it can also work as an appetite suppressant, and it contains strains of probiotic bacteria.
- Balsamic comes from concentrated grape juice that has vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants contents.
- Pounding meat is a long-standing method of tenderizing tough cuts of meat and poultry with a mallet.
When should you eat this mouthwatering dish?
Are you having a formal or casual event? The Baked balsamic chicken is ideal for dinner or lunch meals. The occasion is dependent on you. This recipe will give your salads the boost that it needs to sit on the dining table.
What pairs with balsamic chicken?
The Baked Chicken Breast can be cut into strips and served with pasta or a part of a chef salad. A bowl of creamy potato salad serves best as a side dish with balsamic chicken. I crave this chicken with oven-baked seasoned fries. I bet you can’t resist balsamic chicken with lemon rice.
How do the ingredients work?
- Balsamic helps to balance the rich flavor and acidity of the poultry, which trigger tenderness. Traditional balsamic has a mellow tartness rather than an acidic taste.
- Soy sauce makes an excellent marinade for the chicken. It also gives a dark, desirable color to the chicken.
- Chicken is the main ingredient in the recipe. It adds texture and protein to the recipe.
- Oregano adds flavor to the chicken.
How is it done?
It is time to prepare a juicy, well-marinated baked balsamic chicken Breast. Start by selecting four chicken breasts, inspect for thickness. If the chicken breast is too thick or uneven in thickness, hold on to a mallet and carefully pound the chicken breast until it is ½ inch thick. Be sure not to tear or break the chicken breast during pounding.
Secondly, let us prepare the marinade. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, olive oil, oregano, black pepper, and mix well.
Thirdly, place the chicken in a baking dish and pour the marinade over the entire chicken breast until evenly coated. For the flavors to saturate the chicken breast, marinate for 10 minutes or longer if you have the time.
Next, preheat the oven to 400F, bake the chicken for 25 minutes at 400F. Use a thermometer to check for doneness. The chicken finishes when the thermometer reads 165F. Remove from oven, serve with your favorite vegetable salad or starch dish.
Why should you make this delicacy?
For beginners, the baked balsamic Chicken breast has healthy ingredients. Balsamic is a safe food additive that contains a small amount of sugar. It has proven to be an additive to lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Garlic is ideal for improving memory, lower cholesterol as well as treating cold or flu. Research also suggests that oregano helps to reduce viral infection and decrease inflammation when consumed consistently. Apart from the health benefits, this recipe is convenient and requires little preparation time.
Terms used in the recipe
- Marinate in the process of soaking meat, poultry, or fish in a marinade.
- The marinade is a mixture of oil, spices, or other similar ingredients, in which poultry, meat, fish, or other food is steep before cooking to develop flavor and helps to tenderize the product.
- Balsamic is a dark, slightly sweet, richly flavored vinegar used in sauces, salad dressings, and marinade.
- Pounding is the action of beating poultry with a food mallet.
Question and answer
- Can I add mozzarella cheese to the chicken to add variety?
Oh yes! You can top the chicken breast with mozzarella cheese before placing the baking dish in the oven. This cheese will add a groovy taste to your recipe.
- How do I know when the chicken cooks?
The chicken cooks when an instant-read thermometer reaches 165 degrees F. Insert the probe to the thickest part of the chicken for an accurate reading.
This baked balsamic chicken recipe compose of specifically selected ingredients that work well together to produce juicy, sweet, and garlic flavored chicken. Chicken is a versatile protein dish, served with just about any starch or vegetable. The combination of olive oil, vinegar, and oregano is the trinity that you must add to your diet. The trios offer the most potential benefits from those with prediabetes or diabetes. Your search for nutritious recipes stops here.
- 4 single boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 single clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt to taste
- Pound thick chicken breast with a mallet to ½ inch thickness throughout.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, and oregano, mix well.
- Put the chicken breast in a baking dish. Gently pour the marinade over it until evenly coated. Allow chicken to marinate for 10 minutes or longer.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken to test for doneness.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414kcalTotal Fat: 19ggCarbohydrates: 6gg