We are all looking for that food that changes our usual routine which is why we LOVE takeout so much. Don’t misinterpret me, take out is great but when spend money when you have an amazing Chinese dish right here. Give it a try and be pleasantly surprised.
What Is Honey Sesame Chicken
Using Chicken breast cut into cubes and seasoned well. The chicken is then mixed into a batter and marinated then transferred to a pot of oil to fry. Then you coat it in the sweet sesame sauce allowing it to simmer and bask in the fragrance.
- In China, this dish is not called sesame chicken but rather “La ZiJi”.
- Sesame helps to reduce stress and anxiety, so try it if you find yourself stressed.
- Sesame is one of the oldest oil-seeds known, it has been domesticated for well over 3000 years now.
Asked yourself who made this amazing chicken while you filled your face? Well, this dish was created by chef C.K. Peng in Taiwan during the 1900s. Since then the recipe has been passed down and improved upon until it is what it is today in various cookbooks.
When To Serve?
Well, the best time to serve this is right now! Hot out of the pot, as soon as it is done. This is a lunchtime meal but can be interchanged with dinner as well. Bring this to your parties and social gathering if they request a food item from you.
There is a reason that fast-food restaurants sell rice with rice most times, it is because it is great with it. I know a lot of you might be looking for something more on the healthy side, no need to worry you can have it with a nice salad. Regardless it will be amazing!
Egg white is the name given to the part of the chicken that surrounds the yolk. This part of the chicken is used in baking which most people know. In this dish, however egg whites are used as an adhesive to help the batter stick to the chicken.
Beat all the “Frying Batter” ingredients together and Set aside. Dip the chicken into the batter, ensuring they are all well coated. Set aside. Mix all the ingredients of the “Honey Sesame Sauce” together and set aside.
First set a saucepan of oil and add coated chicken to it and stir fry. When it has a golden brown then take them out of the pan and drain the chicken pieces on paper towels.
Place 2 tablespoons of the frying oil in a wok or skillet, stir-fry the garlic until fragrant.
Add in the Honey Sesame Sauce, and simmer until the sauce thickens. Add in the chicken, stir to combine the sauce and chicken with the sesame seeds. Serve right away.
Why You Should Make This
This dish is so nice to eat, whether by yourself or even with friends and family. The thing is sometimes you aren’t able to get to a restaurant fr it or it cat come to you. Well, the perfect solution is to make it yourself, save yourself some money, and make it to your liking.
Stir fry- stir-frying refers to a Chinese technique of cooking. With this technique, the ingredients are all fried in very hot oil while it is stirred in a wok. The technique originated post-wartime in china and has been carried on and developed to this day.
What amount of calories are in this?
A) There are 416 calories in this dish which serves for 2, so one person consumes 208 calories.
Q) what is the best storage method for this dish?
A)The best way to store this would be to put it into a zip lock freezer bag removing excess air and freezing.
So are you planning to wait until you can go to a restaurant before you can enjoy this succulent chicken? Take your Joy back into your own hands. Start making and enjoying crispy chicken with a soft chewy inside and covered in a rich and sweet sauce.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 garlic (minced)
- toasted sesame seeds
- oil (for deep-frying)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup water (ice cold)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- pinch salt
Honey Sesame Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pure honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Beat all the Frying Batter ingredients together until smooth and Set aside. Dip the chicken cubes into the batter, mixing well until they are all well coated.
- Mix all the ingredients of the Honey Sesame Sauce.
- Set a saucepan over medium-high heat with 2-inch of oil added. When the oil is hot, gently add in the chicken cubes one at a time. Ensure it spreads evenly to prevent sticking together.
- Continue to fry until golden brown, then take them out of the pan and drain the chicken pieces on paper towels.
- Place two tablespoons of the frying oil in a wok or skillet and stir-fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Add in the Honey Sesame Sauce, and bring to a light simmer until the sauce thickens. Add in the chicken, stir-fry a few times to combine the sauce, and chicken with the sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.