This simple strawberry cheesecake has a sweet homemade strawberry topping with the best Graham cracker crumb. Its delicate texture is smooth and rich in flavors that you cannot resist. Cheesecakes are great treats for any occasion and this particular recipe has its own health benefits too. What do you know about a great cheesecake?
What is a cheesecake?
A cheesecake is a sweet-tart that may consist of more than 2 layers. A variety of cheeses are used but mostly cream cheese.
The rich smooth and creamy mixture of cheese is added to a crust which is the bottom layer of the cake. The options are many when it comes to the crust. You may use digestive, cookies, graham crackers, even a layer of cake.
Facts about cheesecake
Cheesecakes have various layers, the base, the creamy cheese mixture, and a topping made from different fruit fillings or crumbled cake or cookies to fresh berries and nuts.
Cream cheese, mascarpone, ricotta, or cottage cheese may be used as the main ingredient. When using Mascarpone, you may find that the cake is richer and denser due to the high-fat content in the cheese.
Cheesecakes are baked and can be done in the refrigerator. When using the freezer method, gelatin is used to hold the ingredients together. Using this method also will give you a much softer texture than if it were to be baked.
Cheesecakes were originated in Ancient Greece in the 5th century B.C.E
When can this strawberry cheesecake be eaten?
Cheesecakes are best as a dessert option or can be served at any event as table treats. However, because the cake is soft, having it at an outdoor event may change the consistency of the cake. It is best held on ice or in a cold showcase. Everyone loves cheesecakes and so they can be eaten any time of day once you feel for it.
What pairs well with it?
Due to this cake being sweet, it pairs well with light meals and foods of fresh flavors. Having a glass of white wine or champagne goes along well with these rich sweet cakes too.
How do the main ingredients work?
Sour cream – This ingredient gives delectable flavor and ids in the richness of the cake.
Cream cheese -Cream cheese, of all the cheeses used to make cheesecake, is widely used because it gives a rich and creamy texture.
Cornstarch – Cornstarch acts as the binding agent in the strawberry sauce to help thicken it.
How is it done?
Firstly, the crust is made and baked, then set to cool.
The cheesecake mixture was added to the prepared crust and baked for 60 mins. The strawberry topping was cooked and cooled before adding it to the cheesecake that was left in the fridge overnight to set completely.
Why should you make this cheesecake?
Strawberries contain potassium and vitamin c, and they help regulate blood pressure levels. They also contain fiber that helps with stomach regulations.
Binding agent – This allows a loose mixture to combine or stick together.
Question and answer
Question -Can spreadable cheese be used?
Answer -Spreadable cream cheese is not recommended, as they contain additives that will not allow your cake to set and will affect the texture of the product.
It is the very best strawberry cheesecake recipe.
- cheesecake filling
- 2lbs cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Strawberry topping
- 1 1/2 lbs strawberries
- 2tbsp water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Graham cracker crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 7tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Grease your springform pan and line with parchment paper then preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar, and press into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes and let cool.
For the cream cheese filling
- In a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Gradually add eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan with crust and bake for 60mins.
- When finished, turn the oven off and crack the oven door for the cheesecake to cook for about an hour. Cooling slowly helps the cheesecake not to crack on top.
- Chill after cooling period for 8-24hrs.
For the strawberry topping
- On medium heat, add half of the strawberry and sugar in a saucepan and simmer for 7 mins until the strawberries starts to break down.
- Mix in the cornstarch and water.
- add the rest of the strawberry and continue cooking for about 3 mins.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Let cool at room temperature before adding to the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours then enjoy!