- The cheesecake was served to the athletes at the very first Olympic games in 776 BC, almost 3000 years ago.
- The oldest recipe was written by Athenaeus, a Greek Writer in 230 AD.
- In 1872 William Lawrence, a New York native, accidentally invented cream cheese
- There are thousands of cheesecake variations around the world if not more.
- Cheesecake isn’t actually a cake at all but rather a tart however, some argue that it’s a pie.
- May 26th is National blueberry Cheesecake Day.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Additional Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 21 oz can blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar, evenly spread the mixture into the 9x13 baking pan, and press firmly to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla inside a large bowl until smooth. Incorporate the eggs one by one, to prevent curdling.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture in the baking pan, on top of the cracker crust, then bake for 20-25 minutes until the cake is set, then remove it from the oven to cool.
- Using the blueberry filling, make an even layer on the cheesecake, cover, and chill in the fridge for at least an hour. Once that is done, remove it from the fridge and top it off with the whipped cream, slice and serve.